How Can Your Major Make the World a Better Place?


I don't know really, but as every piece of art, in its essence cinema is politics, it's all a matter of point of

view. What I'm trying to say is that it doesn’t matter if the content is entertaining or informative, if it’s

directed to young people or old people, if it’s documentary or fiction, all of the problematics presented

in a film are a reflect of the psychology, experiences and the reality that surrounds the creator.  




Pic of a documentary camera setup


And having in mind that the film industry is huuuuge and really popular between the consumers,
this opens big opportunities for new creators to tell stories, create experiences that they feel like
they’re important to express, in order to denounce or make more visible certain realities that suffer
from some injustice or are simply ignored. 




Frame from the movie "La Haine"

That’s why i love my major, because i come from the struggle, i have seen and know so much s*** that

breaks my heart, and I can't just stay quiet and ignore it. Since I was a little kid I did mind all of this and

today I'm sick (mentally), hopefully this medium will help me in expressing all of that.








Comments

  1. Hello, I think the same as you, many times we do not realize the importance of cinema and its influence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything you said, film in any form can have a tremendous impact, not only in society but also in a personal level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Text structure progression clear. Though hook at the beginning might as well be worked out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite films director