Why i choose my major?

 Hello! Today i'll be talking about why did i choose the major that i'm studying and what are my motivations. So, currently i'm studying Cine and televisión and this has been my interest since i was at middle school. 

I never had any interest in any work when i was a kid, i just wanted to be free, but one day when i was in 1° medio, i brought a camera to school to film some debates that we used to do between different courses. The art teacher spotted me and inmediately he went to me to talk about my camera, soon afterward he told me about an idea that he had of making a workshop dedicated to televison and photography. I was really interested so i accepted to participate in his idea. Soon after we started the workshop where i taught other students how to use the equipment, like cameras and software, and my teacher coordinated all the activities for the workshop. This lasted 4 years before i graduated.

So when i came out of school, i was soooo sure that what i liked was this medium, i had no other option really, therefore i applied to study audiovisual in different universities. I ended up here at University of Chile and at the beginning i was happy, but it didn't took to long for me to realize that it isn't as i imagined to study a major career. It became really stressful and frustrating and at a point i did choose to frooze my studies for one year. I was suffering mental health problems (still), but in that free time i had to reinsure myself of what i wanted to do in my life and what were my interest, at the same time that i was healing myself. And i managed to make it! So here i'm today. 

What i like the most about what i do, is the fact that it allows me to tell the stories that i feel that i need to tell, allows me to express myself in an artistic way. I always get to know and work with new people, i learn about new thing in every area of audiovisual all the time, and that is my passion really, learn new thing that i can apply to what a i do and love. 



Pic of myself during a filming in Chillan



Pic of my best friends and partners in studies and work


That's why i choose to study Cine y Televisión, it's not just about talent and skills in this area, it's is also about expanding my mind and my social circle, it's about enjoying what i do! So yeah, thanks if you readed to the end. Till the next time!


PD: I so sorry for being late in the post schedule, i had a really tough time last week and i didn't check the calendar cause i thought that it was a post every week. It really wasn't my intention to be late, so sorry.  

Comments

  1. Checked for both progression and completion. Check final comments to know more details.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite films director