The last picture with one of my best friends

 

The last picture with one of my best friends


Well, that not so great quality picture that i'm presenting to you, it's the most special one for me.

So, this was a selfie in the balcony of the depa that one of our friends used to rent. I took this pic on 20/12/19 at 6AM.

The dude at the right side is Felipe, we're actually working together on the project title of another friend. I'm the one at the left side. The girl in the middle is Agathe, an french exchange student that in no time became my best friend. 


We met in a funny way, we took the same class and we didn’t know anyone, because i was returning from freezing my studies, and of course she was from another country. In the break she approached me and I told her “hey hola” and she responded “oh hi! My name is Agathe”, and in my interior I was like “oh damn”. At that time I did know english pretty well, but I just needed a little more practise to properly speak it. 

She was learning spanish and even though she’s french, her english sounded like native american, so we started speaking spanglish. 


In that same week, she invited me to a party and of course I accepted. I didn’t know what to expect but when we got there, it was an exchange students party and I got to meet people from all around the world. 

But there I made another two friends, Lena from Poland and Julia from EE.UU. Cool stuff.

And well, after that we became besties, we were together for everything everywhere we went. I used to stay quite a few days at her depa instead of in my own house. 


After some time she perfected her Chilean spanish thanks to her roommate, friends and me, and I got to properly speak english thanks to her.


But when the social revolution happened, we stopped hanging out as much because classes were cancelled. But we went together two or three times to the protests, that was fun. 

And finally, she was called to come back to the Netherlands, because she studies in Leiden University. That was our last picture together before she flew away. It’s an instagram story that's why it looks like that. We were at a goodbye party for her and the picture was taken just moments before Felipe and I went away.

We still talk and we are good friends, we really hope to meet again in the future at some cool country.


Comments

  1. in 2019 i also had a classmate from france who i talked to, but unfortunately i dont talk to her anymore :c

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hello, I remember that in 2019 many French exchange students arrived at the university, it was great to meet them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the best photos are not always the best resolution!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Miguel! What a beautiful story, I think it's great that despite the language barriers they have become very good friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never had friends from other countries, not that we have met in real life at least. It sounds very sad to have someone leave without knowing when you will see them again :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite films director